Monday, February 28, 2011

19. Complete the statement: “I’d walk a mile for_____________” and continue to write about it.

                  
"I'd walk a mile for my thoughts." it wasn't long ago when I was a younger and not as fit boy. I was fourteen years old at one point in my life. I enjoyed every year, month, day, hour, second. Every last moment was enjoyable even if it was heart breaking. Without those moments in my life I would not have learned a new lesson in my existence. Weather is be telling someone thank you to things don’t come easy. We work, we work, and we work for sometimes nothing, or that’s what we would like to think. Sometimes we think walking a certain distance for your significant other is romantic. Or even walking a certain distance to show your basketball team how dedicated you are, but none of them see it. They only see that your there and they tell you go get ready. They have no idea what you just went through. You may have got into a fight/argument with your parents, someone may have died in your family, and you may have lost your boyfriend/girlfriend. You may have just got into a fight with your best friend, but your coach isn’t going to see it. He’s only going to see you, and your bag, “get to work.” That’s how it is. As much as we would like to change things it’s just not happening. Walking sometimes is not an option, and other times it’s the only thing you can do. People have to understand that things come up, and maybe it’s the reason why you don’t see them as often as you think you would. Most people have a good excuse but other people are just taking advantage of it, and really, really don’t care. I went to a rodeo to go on a date with this girl I liked. She stood me up. I walked from the other side of Headley to Osoyoos. Why? Because I was mad, hurt, disappointed, but most of all emotionally hurt. But when I walked I thought this was all for nothing, until I soon came to realize that nothing ever goes the way you want it to. That’s okay though, I thought about everything in my life that’s going good and bad, and look at me now. The walk was not pointless, it gave me time to clear my head, and I looked at all the wonderful land that I live on and realize I take life for granted. Nothing is ever pointless it’s just what you take from it. What I took from my walk was a physical and mental advantage. I was able to run faster and jump higher for sports, and I appreciate what I have around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment