Tuesday, February 15, 2011

21'st Century Education

1. What do you think are the most important skills that you are going to need for your post-high school life?
2. Do you think you are developing these skills in high school? (Why or why not)
3. Please describe the perfect school OR the perfect English class (that is based on serving your personal interests and your future plans.
4. Describe what you are doing next year.


Personally I think basic math is important for buying a car, paying bills, balancing money and being a banker, etc. I don’t think you need these, harder math’s because when are we ever going to want to know how much milligrams a can of pop has when it’s already on the can. I think math would be good for seeing how long something has to be or how far it is from here to where ever. Science I enjoy science and learning about the inside of a human body but there are some things in science that really are not important, like the distance from the earth to the sun. English, I do believe that we should learn how to write appropriately and stuff like that but as for poetry. when are we ever going to use poetry being a cop, am I going to mess with a criminals head or am I going to sweet talk him into giving himself up, not likely. He would probably ask the question "are you gay"? Socials, learning about some things are enjoyable, but why would we have to know about Hitler? He's dead, and it happened way before our time, it was a world war, so what not a big deal some people start war because there compensating for something in there life or someone made him mad. What made him do it in the first place anyways? I think basic math, certain parts of English, some science, and a little bit of socials would be a good pass time and is important. Psychology, yes, learning about how people act and why there acting like that would be nice. It’s not like there always going to tell you what’s up. Band, personally I think only for entertainment purposes. Physical education, I think that should strongly be recommended. No one should let them self go or get ridiculously fat (no offence). Sure in most cases it’s an inheritable trait but who says you can’t get rid of it.

For the most part yes I do think I am developing the skills I need in high school to be a cop, especially the psychology, physical education, math and English part of it.

I agree, we should make sure what we want to do and just go to classes that would specialize you for what it is that you want to do.

I am going to NVIT (Nicola valley institute of technology) in Merritt for law enforcement preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment